015: Wendy Adlerstein – Empathy and Communication at Work
Communication is the glue that holds a company together. That along with purpose and empathy are what Wendy Adlerstein, co-owner and Executive Director of First Light Homecare West Suburban Boston, talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
Executive Director, FFirstLight Home Care West Suburban Boston
Wendy Adlerstein serves as Executive Director and an owner of FirstLight Home Care of West Suburban Boston.
With over 20 years of experience in working with seniors, Wendy holds a B.A. from Clark University in Psychology with a concentration in Sociology and Human Services.
In addition to her Massachusetts License in Social Work, Wendy holds a Certificate in Gerontology from the Worcester Consortium Gerontology Program.
She is a member of the Aging Life Care Association (ALCA), formerly the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers.
Finally, Wendy is a Certified Dementia Practitioner® in good standing from the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
On this episode Stacey and Wendy talk about…
- What Wendy wanted to be when she grew up (1:00)
- How Wendy became interested in Gereontology (3:50)
- What FirstLight Home care does and how Wendy differentiates the company in a sea of home care agencies (7:05)
- The importance of communication to run business smoothly (11:20)
- Challenges Wendy has faced growing FirstLight Home Care (18:20)
- How Wendy finds purpose and meaning at work (20:05)
- Empathy, not taking things personally and figuring out how to connect with a stressed out person (26:25)
- What’s next for Wendy (30:20)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed the Formality Podcast
A podcast for midlife entrepreneurs tired of formal protocols stifling their personality and ideas.
Tune in every Sunday for unconventional conversations about networking & self-promotion, starting and leading a business, managing change and transitions, culture and community building and so much more.