025: Victoria Dew – Business as a force for good
Proving business can be a force for good. That’s what Victoria Dew, founder of Dewpoint Communications, talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
Founder, Dewpoint Communications
Victoria Dew helps purpose driven companies prove that business can be a force for good.
Every Dewpoint Communications client benefits from Victoria’s 20+ years of business experience, including 13+ years of global corporate communications expertise, with a focus on culture transformation.
As a consultant, coach and in-house practitioner, both in the US and overseas, Victoria has worked with diverse businesses ranging from solopreneurs to some of the world’s largest technology companies, including Dell and eBay.
Victoria holds a BA from Skidmore College, an MA from King’s College London, a PG Dip in Communications Management from Massey University and a Cert MS in Business Administration from Victoria University of Wellington. Victoria has earned the the Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP) designation, and is also a certified business coach.
Victoria also serves as 2019-20 Chair of the International Association of Business Communicators’ (IABC) International Executive Board.
On this episode Stacey and Victoria talk about…
- What Victoria wanted to be when she grew up (:50)
- How Dewpoint Communications got started (4:25)
- How Victoria helps companies become social enterprises (10:15)
- Using mission, vision and values to guide business decisions (12:36)
- Importance of having a coach or community when growing a business (17:48)
- Victoria talks about her mission and how it won’t change, even if her business does (20:56)
- Defining mission, vision, values and telling the story to others (26:00)
- Consumers wanting to be value aligned with brands and companies (30:30)
- Victoria’s insight for anyone tired of banging their head in business (36:50)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
A podcast for the corporately trained, analytically minded, high achieving business owner who is great at what they do yet feel uneasy putting themselves out there.
Stacey Shipman and her guests talk about the beliefs and behaviors they needed to drop in order to feel more comfortable speaking, selling, networking and self-promoting.
They also discuss strategies to stay grounded, focused and committed to your vision when the going gets tough.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or Google Podcasts.