Tara Whitney is leading a revolution of women who are creating a relationship with food and their bodies that brings them to trust themselves. Her latest book, Hungry: Trust Your Body and Free Your Mind around Food, offers a fresh perspective on why women have struggled with food and gives them a path to set themselves free.
Tara is a transformational coach and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. Starting her career as a CPA in public accounting, she is a serial entrepreneur and has founded and grown several businesses, including an accounting consulting firm and a yoga studio.
Tara and her family, her husband Mark and three children, Ryan, Garrett and Anna create plenty of adventure on the Seacoast of New Hampshire.
Find more about Tara at www.tara-whitney.com.
On this episode Stacey and Tara talk about…
- What Tara wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out in her work today (1:05)
- The comfort of a “thinking profession” and how she ended up an expert on emotional eating (9:00)
- Is there a correlation between the stories we carry and the weight we carry? (13:00)
- On managing multiple businesses – coach, yoga studio owner and accountant – and discovering who she is (17:20)
- What Tara means by “relationship to food and body” and how it impacts work and other relationships (23:20)
- How to make a shift and create a better relationship to food and body (27:10)
- Feeling out of control in your body and how that might correlate to feeling out of control at work (29:30)
- How Tara moved from safety of accounting career to more vulnerable and emotional work as a coach for women (33:30)
- Tara’s advice to anyone who wants a more compassionate relationship to food and their body (38:15)