Episode 61: Be a Start Up Superstar with Steve Kahan
Ignite your career by being a startup superstar. That’s what Steve Kahan startup advocate and author of Be a Startup Superstar, talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
Author, Be a Startup Superstar
Be a Startup Superstar
Steven Kahan has successfully helped to grow six start-up companies from early-stage development to going public or being sold, resulting in more than $3 billion in shareholder value. He is currently CMO at Thycotic, which will become the seventh.
Steve inspires teams and their organizations to take on the impossible and succeed. He has just written a book published by Wiley and Audible and available on Amazon.com called Be a Startup Superstar. The book teaches those graduating college and young professionals how to earn a great living doing what they love by igniting their career at a tech startup.
On this episode Stacey and Steve talk about…
- What Steve wanted to be growing up and how that plays out in his work today (1:40)
- Making the move from big company to startup (6:00)
- 2 mistakes to avoid when making the move to a startup (10:00)
- The book and how to become a startup superstar (18:10)
- How the pandemic has changed the startup world (23:00)
- Importance of people, teams, values and finding the right fit (25:30)
- Challenges and joys of writing the book (31:50)
- Startup recruitment and when it’s time to move on (38:30)
- Steve’s final thoughts on how to become a startup superstar (47:34)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
A podcast for the corporately trained, analytically minded, high achieving business owner who is great at what they do yet feel uneasy putting themselves out there.
Stacey Shipman and her guests talk about the beliefs and behaviors they needed to drop in order to feel more comfortable speaking, selling, networking and self-promoting.
They also discuss strategies to stay grounded, focused and committed to your vision when the going gets tough.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or Google Podcasts.