Steven Kahan has successfully helped to grow six start-up companies from early-stage development to going public or being sold, resulting in more than $3 billion in shareholder value. He is currently CMO at Thycotic, which will become the seventh.
Steve inspires teams and their organizations to take on the impossible and succeed. He has just written a book published by Wiley and Audible and available on Amazon.com called Be a Startup Superstar. The book teaches those graduating college and young professionals how to earn a great living doing what they love by igniting their career at a tech startup.
On this episode Stacey and Steve talk about…
- What Steve wanted to be growing up and how that plays out in his work today (1:40)
- Making the move from big company to startup (6:00)
- 2 mistakes to avoid when making the move to a startup (10:00)
- The book and how to become a startup superstar (18:10)
- How the pandemic has changed the startup world (23:00)
- Importance of people, teams, values and finding the right fit (25:30)
- Challenges and joys of writing the book (31:50)
- Startup recruitment and when it’s time to move on (38:30)
- Steve’s final thoughts on how to become a startup superstar (47:34)
Like what you heard? Check out more episodes of Engaging Voices here. Or sign up here to get Engage The Room, a weekly email newsletter with insights and new podcast episodes delivered straight to your in box. Or subscribe on your favorite podcast app and please leave a review!
Be a networking superstar. Attend one of our upcoming online networking events. Visit the calendar for dates and times.