Episode 53: Verbal Branding & Simplicity with Stephen Melanson
Verbal branding and simplicity in business. That’s what Stephan Melanson, founder of Melanson Consulting, talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
Founder, Melanson Consulting
Stephen Melanson is the President of Melanson Consulting, which was founded in 2004.
He is a leadership consultant, speaker, Verbal Branding expert, and – as featured on Forbes.com – originator of the only ‘Differentiation and Business Simplicity’ platform of its kind worldwide.
Stephen helps businesses grow faster, unify people, and simplify their strategy. He is a service provider and educational partner for individuals and small through Fortune 100 firms.
On this episode Stacey and Stephen talk about…
- Intro from Stacey
- What Stephen wanted to be when he grew up and how that plays out today (3:18)
- How Stephen shifted from pro tennis player to verbal branding expert (6:25)
- What is verbal branding and why it’s important for business (7:37)
- Challenges to verbal branding and differentiating yourself (11:30)
- Simplicity as a business model and what that means (19:30)
- Examples and criteria of verbal branding (22:30)
- On being a communicator and practicing what you preach (30:45)
- Stephen’s final thoughts and insights on how to make your verbal brand simple (36:00)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
A podcast about networking & promoting your OWN ideas as a business owner or creative.
Stacey and her guests talk about what it takes to make speaking, selling, prospecting, small talk - whatever human interaction feels awkward - feel more natural.
They also share insights on how to stay committed to your vision when the going gets tough.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or Google Podcasts.