Stephen Melanson is the President of Melanson Consulting, which was founded in 2004.
He is a leadership consultant, speaker, Verbal Branding expert, and – as featured on Forbes.com – originator of the only ‘Differentiation and Business Simplicity’ platform of its kind worldwide.
Stephen helps businesses grow faster, unify people, and simplify their strategy. He is a service provider and educational partner for individuals and small through Fortune 100 firms.
On this episode Stacey and Stephen talk about…
- Intro from Stacey
- What Stephen wanted to be when he grew up and how that plays out today (3:18)
- How Stephen shifted from pro tennis player to verbal branding expert (6:25)
- What is verbal branding and why it’s important for business (7:37)
- Challenges to verbal branding and differentiating yourself (11:30)
- Simplicity as a business model and what that means (19:30)
- Examples and criteria of verbal branding (22:30)
- On being a communicator and practicing what you preach (30:45)
- Stephen’s final thoughts and insights on how to make your verbal brand simple (36:00)
Like what you heard? Check out more episodes of Engaging Voices here. Or sign up here to get Engage The Room, a twice monthly email newsletter with insights and new podcast episodes delivered straight to your in box. Or subscribe on your favorite podcast app and please leave a review!
Want to practice your verbal branding? Join like hearts and minds at one of our online networking events for creative entrepreneurs. Visit the calendar for dates and times.