Reclaim Who You Are with Natalie Siston
Applying small town leadership principles to big companies and reclaiming who you’ve always been are the themes of this episode with guest, Natalie Siston.
Meet Natalie Siston, Founder Small Town Leadership
Natalie’s career has taken her from Silicon Valley to the Fortune 100 and into entrepreneurship, but being raised in Republic, OH (population 600) is where she learned her greatest leadership lessons. She uses these lessons learned from small town living to help leaders and organizations create big success in the world.
In addition to being a 10-year 4H member and repeat State Fair champion in public speaking, Natalie is a two-time graduate of The Ohio State University and Professional Coach accredited through the International Coach Federation. She has 20+ years of experience coaching, developing leaders, and strengthening teams in the non-profit, higher education, and corporate sectors. She works with both 1:1 and small group coaching clients to help them be more connected – to themselves, their work, families and communities. Natalie is a frequent speaker at leadership, university and corporate events.
Let Her Out: Reclaim Who You Have Always Been is Natalie’s first book. It’s where life story meets life coaching.
Natalie resides in Dublin, Ohio with her husband, Rob, and two young daughters.
Get in touch with Natalie
Book website: https://letherout.com
Coaching website: https://smalltownleadership.
On this episode, Stacey and Natalie talk about…
You have to do your own [inner] work before you can show up and help other people do their work. – Natalie Siston
- Natalie’s big dreams as a young girl and how they play out in her work today (3:00)
- Developing Small Town Leadership (7:30)
- Making the shift from employee to business owner (11:50)
- Biting your tongue and stifling yourself (16:17)
- Guilt of resting, being still and formalities Natalie had to shed (20:00)
- First time author and “reclaiming who you’ve always been” (25:00)
- Lessons learned from writing the book (31:00)
- Putting herself out there and fear of promoting the book (38:39)
- Final thoughts – the most important beliefs/behaviors Natalie had to drop to get to where she is today (44:00)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
A podcast for the corporately trained, analytically minded, high achieving business owner who is great at what they do yet feel uneasy putting themselves out there.
Stacey Shipman and her guests talk about the beliefs and behaviors they needed to drop in order to feel more comfortable speaking, selling, networking and self-promoting.
They also discuss strategies to stay grounded, focused and committed to your vision when the going gets tough.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or Google Podcasts.