From Employee to Business Owner with Nancy Jacoby
Making the move from employee to business owner with today’s guest, Nancy Jacoby, founder of Nancy Jacoby Coaching & Consulting.
Meet Nancy Jacoby
Nancy Jacoby is a former healthcare executive with 25 years of experience in the industry. Her leadership expertise is concentrated in Healthcare Operations, Change Management, Process Improvement, and Strategy & Business Development. Prior to her leadership roles, Nancy was a registered nurse, with a passion for caring for the geriatric patient.
After coaching and consulting on the side while working her “9 to 5,” Nancy formally opened her business, Nancy Jacoby Coaching & Consulting. Her coaching clients include emerging leaders to physician and nurse executives. Nancy’s philosophy is to help her clients obtain awareness, implement changes and achieve desired goals and outcomes.
Nancy has also worked with groups on team-building, enjoys facilitating brainstorming and process improvement sessions and finds fulfillment in creating leadership development programs.
Personally, Nancy enjoys mentoring young professionals, music, fitness, food & wine, family & friends, and relishes time in nature. She resides in the NYC metropolitan area.
Get in touch with Nancy
On this episode Stacey and Nancy talk about…
- Nancy’s big dreams as a young girl and how they play out today (2:55)
- Feeling stifled in a highly regulated healthcare industry (6:00)
- Transitioning from employee to business owner (11:50)
- Becoming a “salesperson” and overcoming roadblocks to “putting yourself out there” (14:30)
- How fear held her back from promoting herself in a genuine way (20:30)
- Feeling stifled in healthcare and consulting back to that industry (24:00)
- How Nancy knows she’s bringing her full personality to work (hint: less tension more flow) (26:15)
- Finding the courage to lead, talk and serve from the heart (29:00)
- Nancy shares a question to ask to shed what’s holding her/you back (34:30)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
Tired of formal protocols stifling your personality and ideas?
Welcome to Shed The Formality, a podcast for smart, thoughtful, accomplished, driven business leaders and entrepreneurs who, for one reason or another, struggle with putting themselves out there.
Each week Stacey Shipman and her guests share their sometimes heart breaking, sometimes humorous, always honest stories about what it takes to more easily advocate for yourself, grow your professional network, step into leadership, stay committed to your work when the going gets tough, and so much more. All while staying true to who you are.
Ready to drop what’s holding you back? Tune in every Sunday for insights and inspiration on how to come out of hiding and become the entrepreneur you set out to be.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or online at shedtheformality.com.