Nancy is a business woman, JDRF volunteer and most importantly the Mom of a 20 year old son. She holds a Master’s Degree in Education from Northeastern University which is ironically where her career in Real Estate began.
For over 30 years , Nancy has professionally managed real estate and is currently a Senior Vice President at a family owned real estate company. She is responsible for day to day management operations including staff, financial performance and operating practices of a portfolio totaling more than 12,000 apartments.
When she is not working she spends her time with her son, riding her bike, taking acting classes and volunteering.
On this episode Stacey and Nancy talk about…
- What she wanted to be when she grew up (:49)
- “Dean Gaudet” and being a woman in a male-dominated industry (6:00)
- From university construction to commercial and what she likes about construction (10:30)
- Challenges overcome in construction and the importance of values (14:20)
- Learning to speak up in the importance of small talk (16:30)
- Coming full circle and Nancy’s advice to women looking to rise in a male dominated industry (20:28)
- Finding time for creative pursuits and the importance of feeling inspired (28:50)
Like what you heard? Check out more episodes of Engaging Voices here. Or sign up here to get an email delivered every time a new episode is posted. Or subscribe on your favorite podcast app and please leave a review!
Episode sponsored by Engaging Voices Live! Join us for a fresh, meaningful way to build relationships to grow your business. Learn more or register for upcoming events.