Michelle Woodbrey is the Chief Executive Officer and co-owner of 2Sisters Senior Living Advisors, a local, woman-owned, senior living placement and referral service.
She is a Certified Senior Advisor and a Certified Dementia Practitioner as well as a public speaker. Michelle has presented at conferences for the Alzheimer’s Association, the Massachusetts Councils on Aging, and the Massachusetts Assisted Living Association, among others.
Michelle is the current Vice President for the Cape Cod Women’s Association and sits on the board of directors for the South Shore Conference for Women and the National Placement and Referral Alliance (NPRA). In 2016, she was a Cape & Plymouth Business’ 40 Under 40 Award honoree and, in 2019, her company, 2Sisters Senior Living Advisors, was chosen by SCORE as The Small Business of the Year.
Michelle is passionate about helping adult children to determine a strategic plan for remaining sane even when in the midst of caring for aging parents. She is a highly-motivated self-directed learner, a passionate entrepreneur and leader within her community. She lives on Cape Cod with her husband, beautiful 7 year-old daughter and their energetic mutt, named Rambo.
Michelle’s father has been living with Parkinson’s Disease for over a decade. She now also helps to manage his needs and those of her mother. Of the things Michelle feels most grateful for, it is the opportunity to work and own a business with her sister/best friend, Alyson Powers.
On this episode Stacey and Michelle talk about…
- What Michelle wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out in her work today (:53)
- Working with seniors and the “invisibility factor” (5:34)
- How 2Sisters came to be and the importance of “sister relationships” (8:35)
- Challenges faced growing the business (14:50)
- Making the move from practitioner to entrepreneur (17:50)
- Vision and volatility of health care system (25:20)
- On being a shy introvert, starting a business, networking and stepping out of comfort zones (34:00)
- Helping seniors be seen (39:55)
Like what you heard? Check out more episodes of Engaging Voices here. Or sign up here to get an email delivered every time a new episode is posted. Or subscribe on your favorite podcast app and please leave a review!
Ready to step out of your comfort zone? Promote your business at one of our upcoming networking or educational events for coaches, consultants and creative entrepreneurs.