Taking the Guesswork Out of Speaking & Presentations with Michael Davis
It’s the common experiences that link us. Not the stories about climbing Everest. – Michael Davis
Meet Michael Davis
When you hire a coach, trainer or speaker, do you want someone who has experience and expertise?
Michael Davis’s work is focused on helping you attract more clients, create more efficient teams and increase your influence through more effective speaking, business storytelling and online presentations. He helps experienced speakers, entrepreneurs, and sales professionals deliver memorable and meaningful talks of any length, even on short notice.
He currently lives in Blue Ash, Ohio with his family, and the overlords of their house, Sky the Super Chihuahua and her underling, Riley the Mini-Chihuahua.
Connect with Michael & Speaking CPR
Website and social media links:
On this episode, Stacey and Michael talk about…
- What Michael wanted to be when he grew up and how that plays out today in his work as a presentation skills coach (1:20)
- Using Intrinsic Motivation to build speaking skills and becoming a public speaking coach ( 6:45)
- It is natural for human beings to be afraid of speaking (8:50)
- Beliefs and behaviors Mike had to drop to feel more comfortable speaking. (12:00)
- “Don’t fall into the trap of familiarity with your own topic that you forget that most people have no clue what you’re talking about and they need that information.” (14:58)
- Recording yourself and watch it (If you’re not willing to watch/listen to yourself, why would anyone else watch you (15:44)
- How to ask for feedback on a speech or presentation (17:50)
- Importance of putting presentations together (22:14)
- Public speaking formalities that keep us stiff and stuffy (i.e., gestures, lack of emotion, etc) (26:15)
- Speaking for free or speaking for fee? (36:00)
- Importance of having mentors/coaches (40:00)
- What if people own’t like my style (42:00)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
Tired of formal protocols stifling your personality and ideas?
Welcome to Shed The Formality, a podcast for smart, thoughtful, accomplished, driven business leaders and entrepreneurs who, for one reason or another, struggle with putting themselves out there.
Each week Stacey Shipman and her guests share their sometimes heart breaking, sometimes humorous, always honest stories about what it takes to more easily advocate for yourself, grow your professional network, step into leadership, stay committed to your work when the going gets tough, and so much more. All while staying true to who you are.
Ready to drop what’s holding you back? Tune in every Sunday for insights and inspiration on how to come out of hiding and become the entrepreneur you set out to be.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or online at shedtheformality.com.