There is no shame in supporting yourself one way in order to cultivate creativity. – Linda Stacy
Linda is a speaker, author, and facilitator who has been navigating the corporate grind for the better part of 20 years. She works full-time for a management consulting firm in Boston as a corporate librarian and trainer, and is founder and CEO of LivingBluPrints.
Over the last 10 years she has studied productivity, satisfaction, and success as they relate to individual contributors in professional environments.
With regard to mindset, the human condition (inside and outside of work), and the notions of purpose and satisfaction, her constant investigation (and experimentation) allow her to gently adjust her approach, stay on top of research and trends, and evolve. She brings gleaned insights and tools to her writing, speaking, and workshops.
Fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit, Linda is committed to helping working professionals achieve higher levels of satisfaction and fulfillment, and to being a good employee and a good human.
Linda recently (July 2019) published mini-book, Optimized YOU! Nine tips for thriving in an over-connected constantly interrupted world which is available on Amazon.
On this episode Stacey and Linda talk about…
- What Linda wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out today (1:00)
- Insights on managing a full-time career and a side hustle (5:11)
- In defense of the corporate job (8:30)
- You can have freedom and joy with a JOB (11:45)
- Achievers, recognition and burnout – finding what works for you (15:50)
- On bringing her side hustle concepts (Living BluPrints) into the corporate job (20:00)
- Enough is enough! On finding the courage to speak up and how energy practices gave her more grounding (25:00)
- Time management and self-awareness to create more effective and engaging work environments (31:50)
- No shame in working full-time to support your creative pursuits or side hustles (39:00)
Like what you heard? Check out more episodes of Engaging Voices here. Or sign up here to get an email delivered every time a new episode is posted. Or subscribe on your favorite podcast app and please leave a review!