After 18 years working in a family business, Lauren left her job in 2013, and began exploring what she was truly meant to do.
Once she found the coaching profession and never looked back. In 2014, Lauren became a Certified Life Coach from the Coaches Training Institute and in 2019 earned the Professional Certified Coach designation.
Her business, Coaching to Fulfill Dreams, offers both personal and professional coaching, providing her clients with opportunity to realize what is possible when they trust their own courage, confidence and convictions to choose what is next in their lives.
Lauren grew up in Dartmouth and graduated from Dartmouth High School and UMass-Dartmouth with a BA in Humanities and Social Science.
Currently she sits on the planning committee for Elevate Southcoast – An Exploration of Mindfulness, happening November 6th in New Bedford. Lauren lives in Acushnet, MA, with her husband and daughter.
On this episode Stacey and Lauren talk about…
- What Lauren wanted to be when she grew up (1:02)
- Moving from family business to having the freedom to explore herself and her desires (4:14)
- Why Lauren felt coaching was the right profession for her and why she calls herself a Whole Life Coach (9:20)
- On firing up the courage to choose the life you want to live and exploring what’s possible (13:20)
- Choosing your life doesn’t have to be an all or nothing decision. Baby steps matter. (16:28)
- Struggles Lauren has experienced in finding her path including starting a business and guilt from leaving a family business (18:56)
- The benefits of coaching for the coach, the client and groups (24:20)
- The importance of community, connection and listening (now more than ever) (28:30)
- What’s next for Lauren – helping folks working in a family business (32:20)