Stepping Away from Status Quo as an Entrepreneur with Kiana Estevez
It’s scary to step out of the status quo. Choose your hard. – Kiana Estevez
Meet Kiana Estevez
Kiana is an Afro-Latina entrepreneur who is determined to create inclusive and empathetic solutions through food experiences. She created Aisle Mine, a social food movement, empowering people to step outside of their comfort zones, and equalizing cultural differences through community experience.
It’s more than a cooking class, it’s a life skills class which offers the kind of education a human being needs. We help guests reclaim mindfulness into their day, so they can lean towards culture in an accessible way with even more people and perspective at the table.
Kiana is building a new standard as an equitable profit sharing ecosystem for foodie and eaters.
On this episode Stacey & Kiana talk about…
- What she wanted to be when she grew up (3:00)
- Making a career shift due to the pandemic (5:48)
- Stepping away from the status quo and the beliefs holding her back (8:28)
- Dropping old beliefs, learning new ones and calling yourself out on your own stuff (18:10)
- You can only lead as far as you’ve gone (24:00)
- What lead her to start aisle nine/business in a pandemic (27:39)
- Vision & offerings for Aisle Mine (33:00)
- Will she continue to offer programs online when it’s safe to gather again? (35:02)
- The shift from working on the inside promoting someone else’s brand to promoting her own brand (36:45)
- The biggest formality Kiana had to shed in order to get to where she is today (39:30)
- How she takes care of herself and avoids burnout (41:30)
Connect with Kiana Estevez & Aisle Mine
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
Tired of formal protocols stifling your personality and ideas?
Welcome to Shed The Formality, a podcast for smart, thoughtful, accomplished, driven business leaders and entrepreneurs who, for one reason or another, struggle with putting themselves out there.
Each week Stacey Shipman and her guests share their sometimes heart breaking, sometimes humorous, always honest stories about what it takes to more easily advocate for yourself, grow your professional network, step into leadership, stay committed to your work when the going gets tough, and so much more. All while staying true to who you are.
Ready to drop what’s holding you back? Tune in every Sunday for insights and inspiration on how to come out of hiding and become the entrepreneur you set out to be.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or online at shedtheformality.com.