Starting a Business That Works for You with Katie Corbett
“There will always be people who want to tell you how to run your business.” – Katie Corbett
Meet Katie Corbett – Writer Specializing in Case Studies
Katie Corbett is a writer specializing in customer case studies. She is blind, and has used her disability as a jumping off point to shed many formalities to get to where she is today.
Please include a longer bio (2 to 3 paragraphs) for use in the podcast post (can be fun and show your personality)
Katie Corbett is a writer specializing in customer case studies. She has written for technology companies, coaches of all types, and educational companies.
In her free time, Katie enjoys baking, reading fantasy novels, and going on road trips with her husband. She lives in Wisconsin and thinks that cheese should be its own food group.
- What Katie wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out today (1:10)
- Making the leap from employee to business owner (2:50)
- Challenges/formalities Katie had to overcome in starting her business including people pleasing, boundary setting, experimentation and perfectionism (6:30)
- What keeps people from asking for client/customer testimonials (12:45)
- Questions to ask for a testimonial or case study (14:44)
- Career Change and how Katie created her business writing case studies (18:00)
- Why and how customer case studies work for the long term and Katies advice for people who think they can write the case study on their own. (28:30)
It’s a constant battle to make sure boundaries are set so that I’m not trying to please people who aren’t paying me.” – Katie Corbett
Connect with Stacey
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
Tired of formal protocols stifling your personality and ideas?
Welcome to Shed The Formality, a podcast for smart, thoughtful, accomplished, driven business leaders and entrepreneurs who, for one reason or another, struggle with putting themselves out there.
Each week Stacey Shipman and her guests share their sometimes heart breaking, sometimes humorous, always honest stories about what it takes to more easily advocate for yourself, grow your professional network, step into leadership, stay committed to your work when the going gets tough, and so much more. All while staying true to who you are.
Ready to drop what’s holding you back? Tune in every Sunday for insights and inspiration on how to come out of hiding and become the entrepreneur you set out to be.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or online at shedtheformality.com.