Surrounding Yourself with the Right People in Business with Kate Stallings
Surrounding yourself with the right people as a business owner and how to stand out. That’s what this week’s guest, Kate Stallings, talks about on this episode of Shed The Formality.
Meet Kate Stallings, Kate Creative Media
Kate started behind the scenes on small web hosting projects for local businesses in Massachusetts and Rhode Island and quickly became a go-to professional for website solutions. Her company specializes in tailored web design and marketing solutions for businesses across the country, specifically in the trades and manufacturing industries.
In 2019, Kate was named among the “Most Influential Entrepreneurs of 2019 as Compared to Amazon’s Jeff Bezos” on Yahoo Finance and Nasdaq and she appeared as a featured guest on Radio Entrepreneurs in Natick, MA.
Connect with Kate
On this episode Stacey and Kate talk about…
- What Kate wanted to be when she grew up and how it plays out in her work today (2:00)
- Biggest struggles as a business owner (not sharing ideas with clients) and how she moved through it (11:40)
- Standing out in a highly competitive web design industry – focus matters (17:56)
- On niching yourself and saying no to business that doesn’t fit (22:00)
- Let’s talk about self care for the entrepreneur (27:14)
- The importance of relationships & collaboration (30:00)
- Biggest formality she had to shed to step into who she is now (32:00)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
A podcast for the corporately trained, analytically minded, high achieving business owner who is great at what they do yet feel uneasy putting themselves out there.
Stacey Shipman and her guests talk about the beliefs and behaviors they needed to drop in order to feel more comfortable speaking, selling, networking and self-promoting.
They also discuss strategies to stay grounded, focused and committed to your vision when the going gets tough.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or Google Podcasts.