Surrounding Yourself with the Right People in Business with Kate Stallings
Surrounding yourself with the right people as a business owner and how to stand out. That’s what this week’s guest, Kate Stallings, talks about on this episode of Shed The Formality.
Meet Kate Stallings, Kate Creative Media
Kate started behind the scenes on small web hosting projects for local businesses in Massachusetts and Rhode Island and quickly became a go-to professional for website solutions. Her company specializes in tailored web design and marketing solutions for businesses across the country, specifically in the trades and manufacturing industries.
In 2019, Kate was named among the “Most Influential Entrepreneurs of 2019 as Compared to Amazon’s Jeff Bezos” on Yahoo Finance and Nasdaq and she appeared as a featured guest on Radio Entrepreneurs in Natick, MA.
Connect with Kate
On this episode Stacey and Kate talk about…
- What Kate wanted to be when she grew up and how it plays out in her work today (2:00)
- Biggest struggles as a business owner (not sharing ideas with clients) and how she moved through it (11:40)
- Standing out in a highly competitive web design industry – focus matters (17:56)
- On niching yourself and saying no to business that doesn’t fit (22:00)
- Let’s talk about self care for the entrepreneur (27:14)
- The importance of relationships & collaboration (30:00)
- Biggest formality she had to shed to step into who she is now (32:00)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
Tired of formal protocols stifling your personality and ideas?
Welcome to Shed The Formality, a podcast for smart, thoughtful, accomplished, driven business leaders and entrepreneurs who, for one reason or another, struggle with putting themselves out there.
Each week Stacey Shipman and her guests share their sometimes heart breaking, sometimes humorous, always honest stories about what it takes to more easily advocate for yourself, grow your professional network, step into leadership, stay committed to your work when the going gets tough, and so much more. All while staying true to who you are.
Ready to drop what’s holding you back? Tune in every Sunday for insights and inspiration on how to come out of hiding and become the entrepreneur you set out to be.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or online at shedtheformality.com.