Values Based Decision-Making with Julien Fortuit
When you know your values it’s a lot easier to make choices you are happy with. – Julien Fortuit
Meet Julien Fortuit, Business & Career Developer
When Julien was younger, he knew he wanted to work in luxury goods. So as a student in business school, he found his way into Chanel with a friendly conversation and a pack of Dunhill Light cigarettes.
Over the years, Julien transitioned from operational marketing to finance control to high-end distribution to customer experience and business development. His resume is pumped with industrious concepts like “exports,” as well as the delicate work of forming partnerships, throwing events with artists, and building the invisible web of his international network.
He’s worked all over the UK, Europe, North & Latin America, Japan, and most of Asia. His work as a developer of organizations and careers involves taking stock of what is, so his clients can reach for what could be. All the while pointing to the opportunities right in front of them, so they have no choice but to leap.
Connect with Julien
To fill your cup with new stuff, you have to empty your cup [of the old] – Julien Fortuit
On this episode Stacey & Julien talk about…
- What Julien wanted to be when he grew up and how that plays out today (1:25)
- The formality & creativity of working for a luxury brand (5:45)
- How having a son and turning 40 shifted his work beliefs (10:20)
- On starting a coaching business and the formalities he had to shed (15:00)
- What he kept and what he let go of when moving from Chanel to Coach (23:10)
- Importance of values in decision-making (26:40)
- The difference between promoting someone else’s brand vs promoting your own business or ideas (30:00)
- Biggest formalities Julien needed to shed to start his coaching business and finding a support network (36:14)
If you want people to invest in you, you must make an investment in yourself. – Julien Fortuit
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
Tired of formal protocols stifling your personality and ideas?
Welcome to Shed The Formality, a podcast for smart, thoughtful, accomplished, driven business leaders and entrepreneurs who, for one reason or another, struggle with putting themselves out there.
Each week Stacey Shipman and her guests share their sometimes heart breaking, sometimes humorous, always honest stories about what it takes to more easily advocate for yourself, grow your professional network, step into leadership, stay committed to your work when the going gets tough, and so much more. All while staying true to who you are.
Ready to drop what’s holding you back? Tune in every Sunday for insights and inspiration on how to come out of hiding and become the entrepreneur you set out to be.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or online at shedtheformality.com.