Owning Your Creativity in the Business & Banking World with Julie Beckham
The more I’ve tried to fit in and the less I’ve tried to be myself, the less successful I’ve been. – Julie Beckham
Meet Julie Beckham
Not everyone thinks personal finance is a topic to sing and dance about but today’s guest, Julie Beckham, has made a career out of it!
Julie is the Financial Education Officer at Rockland Trust Bank where she creates and implements engaging and entertaining financial education programming for the whole family; from students to seniors.
Her flagship program, Ms. Money & the Coins, is a musical about saving, sharing and spending money and has been performed more than 450 times to over 70,000 elementary school students since 2011.
Her latest project, the No Shame in this Money Game podcast, breaks down personal finance topics in an easy to listen to and learn format for adults.
Don’t back down from who you are. Every unique person brings their value through their passion. – Julie Beckham
On this episode, Stacey & Julie talk about…
- What Julie wanted to be when she grew up and how it plays out today (3:40)
- From acting to banking and how acting plays a big part in her work today (6:44)
- How acting helped Julie stand up straight and speak up for herself (11:45)
- How stifling your creativity doesn’t serve anyone & dealing with rejection when “you are the product” (22:16)
- On overcoming feeling like a fish out of water in corporate setting (27:10)
- Biggest formality Julie had to shed – concept of fitting in (37:10)
- Being OK saying, “I’m lucky and love my work (40:10)
Get in touch with Julie
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
Tired of formal protocols stifling your personality and ideas?
Welcome to Shed The Formality, a podcast for smart, thoughtful, accomplished, driven business leaders and entrepreneurs who, for one reason or another, struggle with putting themselves out there.
Each week Stacey Shipman and her guests share their sometimes heart breaking, sometimes humorous, always honest stories about what it takes to more easily advocate for yourself, grow your professional network, step into leadership, stay committed to your work when the going gets tough, and so much more. All while staying true to who you are.
Ready to drop what’s holding you back? Tune in every Sunday for insights and inspiration on how to come out of hiding and become the entrepreneur you set out to be.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or online at shedtheformality.com.