017: Jonas Cain – Purveyor of Positivity
Making the impossible, possible. That’s what Jonas Cain, professional speaker and owner of Hashtag Positivity talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
CEO, # Positivity
Jonas Cain is the Purveyor of Positivity, Facilitator of Fascination, and CEO of Hashtag Positivity, a social entrepreneurship that supports emerging leaders and their influences to develop resiliency through high-value relationships.
Jonas trained as a magician at the prestigious McBride Magic & Mystery School in Las Vegas, studied social ethics at Salem State University, and is a certified coach, trainer, speaker, and DISC consultant with The John Maxwell Team.
He is the author of nine books and when he’s not writing or presenting he enjoys running, hiking, and spending time with his cat, Pumpkin.
On this episode Stacey and Jonas talk about…
- What Jonas wanted to be when he grew up (1:25)
- His first job as a magician (4:55)
- The story that changed everything (7:25)
- Mindset, emotions, moving through grief and loss and what drives his work today (11:15)
- Hashtag Positivity, creating awareness and making the impossible possible (17:30)
- How he uses magic (and other tools) to build resiliency, high value relationships and audience engagement (24:00)
- The importance of honoring emotions and being present for others during challenging times (34:00)
- Kindness as a magic power (38:00)
- From shy kid to professional speaker – making the impossible possible for himself (40:30)
- Biggest challenge as a business owner (44:00)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
A podcast for the corporately trained, analytically minded, high achieving business owner who is great at what they do yet feel uneasy putting themselves out there.
Stacey Shipman and her guests talk about the beliefs and behaviors they needed to drop in order to feel more comfortable speaking, selling, networking and self-promoting.
They also discuss strategies to stay grounded, focused and committed to your vision when the going gets tough.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or Google Podcasts.