Make Legal a Line Item Not a Panic Attack – Girija Patel
Don’t get discouraged because you are different and don’t get discouraged because your idea doesn’t fit the mold that your industry has set out for you.” – Girija Patel
Meet Girija Patel, GBP Law
Girija is a lawyer, a mom, a wife, podcaster, educator, and a business owner in Houston, Texas. Her law practice, GBP Law, specifically focuses on helping creative entrepreneurs and on-line business owners build their business’ legal fundamentals so they can move forward confidently and do what they love! Her goal is to help make legal a line item and not a panic attack.
In 2020, Girija launched Your Contract Buddy (www.yourcontractbuddy.com), an online contract template shop, and also founded her podcast, Law Chat with Girija. From her days of being a prosecutor to now managing her own law practice, Girija’s core value to serve her community remains at the center of all her endeavors.
Connect with Girija
Her podcast: Law Chat with Girija
Her website: GBP Law
Girija on Instagram
Connect with Stacey
- The importance of reaching out to people to get what you want (:45)
- What Girija wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out today (4:00)
- Moving from formal litigation to more creative law (7:25)
- Starting City Tattler and Girija’ first taste of creativity (21:00)
- Heart AND mind; pausing is a formality most of us need to shed (25:00)
- The importance of standing out to get people to pay attention (32:00)
- What holds creatives back from a legal perspective? (36:30)
- Final thoughts: shift your perspective about law to protect your business and ideas (43:00)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
Tired of formal protocols stifling your personality and ideas?
Welcome to Shed The Formality, a podcast for smart, thoughtful, accomplished, driven business leaders and entrepreneurs who, for one reason or another, struggle with putting themselves out there.
Each week Stacey Shipman and her guests share their sometimes heart breaking, sometimes humorous, always honest stories about what it takes to more easily advocate for yourself, grow your professional network, step into leadership, stay committed to your work when the going gets tough, and so much more. All while staying true to who you are.
Ready to drop what’s holding you back? Tune in every Sunday for insights and inspiration on how to come out of hiding and become the entrepreneur you set out to be.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or online at shedtheformality.com.