Attorney Melissa Whish brings 30 years of experience to the practice of Family Law. After founding The Law offices of Melissa A. Whish in 1994, later adding Mediation Matters as a divorce mediation adjunct to her practice.
Attorney Erica Ford began her law career working for the Honorable Judge Diane Kottmyer at Suffolk Superior Court and went on to practice litigation at Bingham McCutchen LLP’s Boston office. She then practiced Family and Estate Law at a California firm.
Erica’s passion for facilitating communication encouraged her to expand her legal expertise into the area of alternative dispute resolution. In 2015, she earned her Massachusetts mediation and divorce mediation certifications.
Together, Erica and Melissa own Four Winds Advisors where they provide pre-divorce planning and consultations to men and women south of Boston.
On this episode Stacey, Melissa and Erica talk about…
- What Erica wanted to be when she grew up (:40)
- What Melissa wanted to be when she grew up (2:45)
- The power of networking and serendipity when starting a business (4:10)
- Marketing and branding when no one is looking for what you sell (8:50)
- The emotion behind divorce and why pre-planning makes sense (15:00)
- Self-care – how Melissa and Erica recharge and make sure their own wells are full (21:30)
- Facts and feelings: moving from logical thinking to compassion and the beauty of a business partnership (25:20)
- Most fulfilling part of what they do (32:30)