Turning Visions into Reality
Drawing from anecdotes of women’s everyday experiences, In Her Words Diary photographer, Emily Falcigno, and her clients create photo stories that induce eye-rolls, head-nods, and high-fives so people can have honest conversations about gender equality.
With an elixir of teamwork and massive action, In Her Words Diary was featured on a billboard in Times Square in 2018, has an engaging diary on Instagram, and has a celebrity series underway.
Recognizing the power of In Her Words Diary, Congresswomen Ayanna Pressley and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez participated in the series. Their photos were exhibited in the Somerville Arts Council’s Inside OUT Gallery for Women’s History Month, 2019.
Now In Her Words Diary has billboard fever! To take the community to new heights, Emily Falcigno and her team are collaborating with organizations and photo producers who want their bold, compassionate values shouted out on rooftops. Imagine a world where women can look up and see something they can relate to.
Gotta aim high, right?
On this episode Stacey and Emily talk about…
- What Emily wanted to be when she grew up (1:05)
- How In Her Words Diary came to be (8:50)
- Turning visions into reality (16:00)
- Importance of courage and creating projects larger than ourselves (26:50)
- What’s next for Emily and In Her Words (29:00)
- Biggest lessons Emily has learned turning visions into reality (32:00)
Fear is there for a reason. But don’t let that get in the way of what you’re trying to do. -Emily Falcigno