She believes everyone benefits from discovering their strengths, courage, and capacity for change.
As a practicing therapist, Darlene quickly learned that even the most successful people get stuck. Using tools like visualization and reflective writing, she guides people to get unstuck so they can succeed and thrive.
Darlene holds a dual degree in Psychology and Urban Studies and received her masters’ degree from Boston University. She has been a licensed therapist in Massachusetts for more than 20 years.
Darlene’s book Stop Depriving The World of You was published in November 2018 by Sound Wisdom Press and is available online and in major bookstores.
In this episode Stacey & Darlene talk about…
- What Darlene wanted to be when she grew up (2:00)
- Darlene’s work now as a coach and keynote speaker (6:15)
- Mindset and why it’s so popular (8:50)
- Has Darlene ever gotten stuck? (10:40)
- How “Depriving the World of You” and getting unstuck are related (13:35)
- Why people hide (16:05)
- Moving through fear and getting unstuck (17:55)
- Using Darlene’s D.R.E.A.M. principle to take action (24:00)
- Why Engaging Communication is important (26:40)
- Loneliness and the importance of human connection (31:50)
- Simple ways to get unstuck (33:00)