Episode 50: Leading Through Crisis with Danielle Owen
The importance of mindfulness, curiosity, and caring when leading through crisis. That’s what Danielle Owen, Vice President and General Manager at an energy company, talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
Vice President & General Manager
Danielle Owen is a passionate leader who prioritizes people, culture and authenticity in all she does.
Just ten years after completing an engineering co-op internship, she rose to leadership as a Vice President and General Manager providing energy efficiency and sustainability services to clients.
Her passions outside of the workplace, yoga, meditation and personal development, have provided tremendous benefits that cross both her personal and professional lives.
On this episode Stacey and Danielle talk about…
- What Danielle wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out in her work today (7:30)
- Her rise to leadership and handling stress and change with ease (11:00)
- Leadership, curiosity and caring for people during a crisis (17:50)
- Challenges faced during a crisis and opportunities for growth (28:30)
- Losing her cool and the importance of a support system (34:30)
- Supporting people, teams and sustainability (36:30)
- The most important tool in Danielle’s toolbox for showing up as a caring and competent leader (42:00)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
A podcast for the corporately trained, analytically minded, high achieving business owner who is great at what they do yet feel uneasy putting themselves out there.
Stacey Shipman and her guests talk about the beliefs and behaviors they needed to drop in order to feel more comfortable speaking, selling, networking and self-promoting.
They also discuss strategies to stay grounded, focused and committed to your vision when the going gets tough.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or Google Podcasts.