Episode 50: Leading Through Crisis with Danielle Owen
The importance of mindfulness, curiosity, and caring when leading through crisis. That’s what Danielle Owen, Vice President and General Manager at an energy company, talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
Vice President & General Manager
Danielle Owen is a passionate leader who prioritizes people, culture and authenticity in all she does.
Just ten years after completing an engineering co-op internship, she rose to leadership as a Vice President and General Manager providing energy efficiency and sustainability services to clients.
Her passions outside of the workplace, yoga, meditation and personal development, have provided tremendous benefits that cross both her personal and professional lives.
On this episode Stacey and Danielle talk about…
- What Danielle wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out in her work today (7:30)
- Her rise to leadership and handling stress and change with ease (11:00)
- Leadership, curiosity and caring for people during a crisis (17:50)
- Challenges faced during a crisis and opportunities for growth (28:30)
- Losing her cool and the importance of a support system (34:30)
- Supporting people, teams and sustainability (36:30)
- The most important tool in Danielle’s toolbox for showing up as a caring and competent leader (42:00)
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
Tired of formal protocols stifling your personality and ideas?
Welcome to Shed The Formality, a podcast for smart, thoughtful, accomplished, driven business leaders and entrepreneurs who, for one reason or another, struggle with putting themselves out there.
Each week Stacey Shipman and her guests share their sometimes heart breaking, sometimes humorous, always honest stories about what it takes to more easily advocate for yourself, grow your professional network, step into leadership, stay committed to your work when the going gets tough, and so much more. All while staying true to who you are.
Ready to drop what’s holding you back? Tune in every Sunday for insights and inspiration on how to come out of hiding and become the entrepreneur you set out to be.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or online at shedtheformality.com.