Beth Knaus is a content writer, workshop leader and owner of That’s A Spade Copywriting Services (www.thatsaspade.com). Her initial background is in business and the beauty industry, giving her the ability to get things done and look good doing it.
As a writer she’s passionate about choosing direct, genuine and engaging language to clearly communicate with your market. Whether it’s website page content, blogging, bios or promotional materials, Beth chooses dynamic and crisp words to define who you are and what you do. She’s focused on helping her clients describe their value confidently, so they can charge what their skills and abilities are worth.
Beth is also a Pepperlane networking leader, and an active member at the SheBreathes Balance and Wellness Studio in Walpole, where she holds creative writing classes.
Now partial empty nesters, she lives in Norwood, Ma. with her awesome husband and some of their kids some of the time.
Her personal short stories have been published online and in print.
On this episode Stacey and Beth talk about…
- What Beth wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out in her work today (:50)
- On being the boss and starting her first business (5:00)
- From hair salon to writing business (11:00)
- Money and the creative life: worth, value and work (18:15)
- Shameless self-promotion and pricing your services (28:30)
- Is it OK to “want” when you have everything you need? (38:00)
- Importance of facts AND feelings in business (43:50)
Like what you heard? Check out more episodes of Engaging Voices here. Or sign up here to get an email delivered every time a new episode is posted. Or subscribe on your favorite podcast app and please leave a review!
Your business has real value. Promote it at one of our upcoming networking or educational events for coaches, consultants and creative entrepreneurs.