Career Burnout & Resiliency with Beth Kennedy
You can have a career you love and still get burnout. – Beth Kennedy
Meet Beth Kennedy
Beth Kennedy brings more than twenty years of experience to her role as a leadership coach, resiliency-training expert, and speaker. With an extensive background in career development, she coaches high-potential individuals on how to use their influence strategically, collaborate effectively, and focus on innovation.
Beth has provided coaching and training to Millennium and Takeda since 2006.
She is the author of Career ReCharge: Five Strategies to Boost Resilience and Beat Burnout, which continues her mission of recharging individuals in their careers and lives so they have the energy needed for today’s world.
Get in touch with Beth Kennedy
On this episode, Stacey & Beth talk about…
- What Beth wanted to be when she grew up and how it plays out today (3:05)
- Beth’s journey from teacher to burnout to career coach (5:45)
- Being curious about our own energy and attitude, the ripple effect and how she knew it was time to leave teaching (9:40)
- How she chose career recharge and what she learned from her Dad (13:50)
- Making the transition from teacher to business owner and finding the right support network (15:10)
- Formalities Beth had to shed to become the business person she is today (18:35)
- Owning the fact that you’re in charge and not conforming to clients/others (20:32)
- People pleasing as a formality that leads to burnout and learning to say no (27:10)
- Using self-awareness to disrupt status quo and setting boundaries (32:10)
- Additional signs and symptoms of burnout (33:10)
- Biggest formality Beth had to shed to get to where she is today (39:20)
“Don’t have to be pollyanna positive. But we do have to ask ourselves daily How am I showing up?”
Let your personality shine at one of our events.
Networking, learning, meaningful conversations. Shed the formality at one of our upcoming networking or educational events.
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
Tired of formal protocols stifling your personality and ideas?
Welcome to Shed The Formality, a podcast for smart, thoughtful, accomplished, driven business leaders and entrepreneurs who, for one reason or another, struggle with putting themselves out there.
Each week Stacey Shipman and her guests share their sometimes heart breaking, sometimes humorous, always honest stories about what it takes to more easily advocate for yourself, grow your professional network, step into leadership, stay committed to your work when the going gets tough, and so much more. All while staying true to who you are.
Ready to drop what’s holding you back? Tune in every Sunday for insights and inspiration on how to come out of hiding and become the entrepreneur you set out to be.
Tune in every Sunday for new episodes on Stitcher, Spotify, Apple or online at shedtheformality.com.