ALAIN HUNKINS, author of CRACKING THE LEADERSHIP CODE: Three Secrets to Building Strong Leaders (Wiley, March 2020) is a sought-after speaker, consultant, trainer, and coach.
Over his twenty-year career, he has led over 2,000 groups in 25 countries. Alain’s clients include Wal-Mart, Pfizer, Citigroup, General Electric, State Farm Insurance, IBM, General Motors, and Microsoft. He has designed and facilitated seminars on numerous leadership topics, including teambuilding, conflict management, communication, peak performance, innovation, engagement, and change.
Alain serves on the faculty of Duke Corporate Education and has published over 400 articles on leadership.
On this episode Stacey and Alain talk about…
- What he wanted to be when he grew up and how that plays out today (1:30)
- Pursuit of happiness & authenticity (4:40)
- On building trust, writing a book and putting yourself out there (9:00)
- Excellence vs perfection (17:00)
- How he came up with the book in a crowded leadership space and his three Cs: Connection, Communication, Collaboration (22:00)
- Importance of communication (29:00)
- Importance of Collaboration (35:00)
- Alain’s final thoughts on “putting yourself out there” (41:00)
- Closing thoughts on importance of connection (48:00)
Like what you heard? Check out more episodes of Engaging Voices here. Or sign up here to get Engage The Room, a twice monthly email newsletter with insights and new podcast episodes delivered straight to your in box. Or subscribe on your favorite podcast app and please leave a review!
Want to create meaningful business connections? Join us for an upcoming online networking event. Visit the calendar for dates and times.